07 September 2006

London...Men in suits...

I think that I have discovered why the British aren't big fans of Americans. As soon as rush hour begins, roughly around 4:30 in the pm, people come out with free newspapers for everyone around town. They stand mainly around the tube (subway) stations entryways and they hand out the free newspapers to everyone who will take one. It is like the pamphlets that people hand out in Vegas that no one really wants. We happened upon one of these newspapers yesterday. They seem like ligit newspapers, but they are tabloids to the max. A lot of people take these papers. So the information that they are getting about Americans is from tabloids. Sure makes you feel good about yourself eh?

So, obviously I'm in a big business city right? But let me just tell you...the men in suits is hot!! Almost every man is in a suit. It usually consists of a black or navy blue suit (full suit mind you, with jacket and all) then they wear a pastel shirt with a nice tie. Let me just tell you that walking down the street is a GREAT site! Man has the USA gotten a bit slack on their dressing standards. If I'm really lucky, I can see a man in a full suit on a Sunday at church. But here, every man is in one. I think it's time for the men that I'm associated with to upgrade their dressing standards!

We were a bit knocerked (rather tired) from all the walking we did yesterday, that we didn't do much today. We walked down Portobello Road (it's busy on weekends, so not much action today), we saw Big Ben, Parliment (with the protestors across the street), Westminster Abbey, and Buckingham Palace. Then we ate a picnic lunch at the park next to Buckingham Palace. Nothing much else today. We leave at 10 pm, your time, for Paris. I'm excited to get out of the UK. It's time for the foreign portion of my trip!

Hopefully I'll write from Paris, if not...then Bar'th'elona will be the place.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home