09 August 2006

23 days to go...

Good Morning/Afternoon one and all! A friend of mine came up with a BRILLIANT idea yesterday. He suggested that I have a blog of my trip to Europe...thanks Nic! Then all of you can know where I am, what I'm doing and seeing, and be wildly jealous of my travels. hahaha. So, I'm going to try and keep this as up to date as possible. Most of the hostels that I plan on staying at have free or cheap internet access. I will do my BEST to keep you all updated on where we are. I will try to upload photos too, depending on the computer that I will be using at the hostels. If I haven't posted anything by September 10th, then you can pretty much bet that I can't get the internet to work. You can stop trying to look after that date, unless you really want to read my ramblings before the trip over and over and over again. Will you really miss me that much that you would do that? Yeah, didn't think so. :)

So far, we have our airline tickets, our BritRail Pass, Eurail Pass, Les Miserablés tickets for London, and reservations at the Preston England Temple Patron Housing. We are pretty set to go. Now we just need to make our reservations at the hostels that we will be staying at. Hopefully we will have that done by next week.

That is about all that I have to say for today. If I think of anything brilliant to say, then I'll add it. As of right now, no one knows about this site. So technically I'm writing to myself about my Europe trip. Man, do I feel like a selfish person right now.

This site will be a good place for all of you to keep in touch with me while I'm out there. Leave me comments on my posts and I'll read them. I'm not planning on checking email while I'm out there. Too much of a hassle. Alright, enough of the blabber....

Here are the cities that we are going to visit. Let me know if you have been to the city and what there is that is super cool to see. Or, if you wish to visit sometime in your life, what you would want to see.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Preston, England (specifically for the temple)
Manchester, England (specifically for Pemberly from the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice)
London, England (specifically for Les Miserablés)
Paris, France
Barcelona, Spain
Nice, France
Venice, Italy
Florence, Italy
Rome, Italy
Bern, Switzerland (specifically to meet the Mühlestein's and for the temple)
Zürich, Switzerland (specifically for shopping for real chocolate)
Münich, Germany (specifically for shopping)
Paris, France again... (only because it is the most ROMANTIC city in the world!!)

Let me know what you want to see, and I'll try to visit it myself and get a picture of it for you.

Well...until next time friends!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring Me Back Something!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Holli Raymond said...

We I might if you left a name...sheesh!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are beginning to make me feel very bad that I won't be going with you, but then again I will be at the Sacramento Temple dedication and that will be wonderful.
I can't wait to read about all your many adventures. Carpe diem,
Mom

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please Pick Out Something I Would Love. You Know What I Like.
Thanks!

4:08 PM  
Blogger The Marecles said...

I am so excited for you!! Your going to have so much fun. I will look forward to hearing about your trip and seeing all the pictures.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hollie, I think i looked at your blog before you added the cities. I would love lots of pics from venice and florence. Italian city scapes are the best to paint, especially in watercolor. Any kind of landscape, and buildings i would love to have, different times of the day, different lighting situations. Like evening light and so forth. That would be wonderful. Sharae

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! How impressive to see all the cities you'll visit. It will be great to enjoy it with you. We haven't visited all the cities you'll go to, but we just returned from Great Britain and visited London, Preston and Edinburgh; on another trip we visited Venice, Florence and Rome. There's so much to see and do. You are going to have a wonderful time! One thing I like to do is take earplugs to help cut down the sound on the plane and in hotels so I can get some zzz's. Have fun and take lots of pictures for us to see!
Kathy

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is the cool cat in the picutre with G. Love? You should go to Greece. I heard it is bangin'.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!!! I want to go back to Europe too!!! When are you coming to visit me???

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home